Driving down south to Kerikeri was beautiful: we took the time to take the scenic coastal route, visiting gazillions of beautiful beaches and inlets. Bliss and joy. KK itself is very nice of course as well, real fruit icecream, need I say more. On a rainy Saturday afternoon we went to Ngawha hot springs, which rocks totally. Basic, ramshackle pools, or rather woodclad holes in the ground with different temperatures between very hot and scorching, after one hour you have a baby's skin again. Amazing. We stayed at the very nice and highly recommendable Kerikeri Farmhostel and the reisebegleitung greatly enjoyed the Kunekune pigs they keep. Before Xmas crazyness took over the whole place we left for Whangarei Heads and that's where the old pedowizard comes in. But more of that tomorrow, I have to and eat one of the best breakfasts of all times now. Just remember: always stay with your arse to the wall when meeting old man with grey beards and pointy hats.
So, ein kurzer Rückblick auf Orte und Unterkunft meines dritten Neuseelandtrips, I've switched from Hitler ratings to the more politically correct BBH ratings: Auckland: a good place to start a trip. Nette Hafenstadt, jede Menge Inseln in unmittelbarer Nähe, gute Infrastruktur, gutes Essen. Hostel: Verandahs . 55%, no towels. Stay away from this one. Hokianga (Omapere): beautiful, picturesque harbour, lovely coast, close to the Kauri forest. Hostel: Globetrekkers Lodg e. 55%, no towels. Would have been much nicer if those Dutch idiots had not been there. But it is still the owner's/manager's responsibility to keep kitchen/fridges clean and guests from misbehaving too much, sorry. Raglan: nice beach, nice coast, nice harbour. Definitely worth a visit, especially when you're into surfing. Hostel: Raglan Backpackers and Waterfront Lodge . 85%, towels for hire. Nice place, and - surprisingly - nice people, no surf nazis. Tongariro National Park: Must-visit. Absolutely spec...
But warm. And not real rain. Just a drizzle. It's gonna clear up any minute. ANY MINUTE. I'm sure. Everybody's sure of that. Has been sure for the past three days. The only thing I'm sure of is that it will indeed clean up after we've left tomorrow and that the clouds will follow me to Napier. Because they too love me. I'm a raingod after all. Since I'm so incredibly butch and such a great manly bloke I did not let the rain keep me from exploring the mountain. Didn't go up to the top because that would have been stupid. The forest is truly amazing! Brings out all the hippie genes in me. But only for a millisecond. Gotta finish up now, have to clean my rifle and go rabbit and possum hunting. Kill a couple of God's creatures, just for fun.
Comments