Finally

I'm finally beginning to warm towards the US a bit. I mean, it's never going to be my favourite destination, but it's not as bad as I thought it was after my first couple of visits. There are actually places where you can good food, sit down, relax. And I'm not talking about fucking Starbucks. Who would've thought.

I'n in NYC today, Manhattan, two blocks away from the WTC site. Police, DHS everywhere, first demonstration is kicking off soon, motto: "9-11 was an inside job". Check my facebook page for some photos. They are crazy here. I don't get it, and it's not just a couple of nutcases, it seems to be a significant part of the population. Well, there's probably no one in the world who manages to watch fox news and not go crazy ... . Bloody hell.

Just had an extremely nice breakfast at the Cosmopolitan Café next to my hotel, a real gem, highly recommendable (95 West Broadway). I can also recommend Flour Bakery at Farnsworth Street in Boston. And finally ... I'm off to see a bit of crazy protesters and then to a German beergarten to watch Bayern vs Werder at 12.30 local time. Oi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effiziensteigerungen galore

Beauty is not always in the eye of the beholder

Gandalf the Pedophile