Brave New World

For a couple of years I have been thinking about getting myself one of those tablet devices. For various reasons I never did, and I'm glad. The thing is, the two only advantages I see in a tablet are quick boot/wake-up time and size/weight. The major disadvantage is that I can't really work efficiently without a keyboard. So, I got myself an ultrabook instead. SSD makes wake-up nearly as fast as a tablet (to me the difference is insignificant), the device itself is not much bigger or heavier than a tablet with keyboard (again, to me the difference is insignificant), and it runs a full operating system, has a real keyboard and USB ports. So ultrabook for me it is. If you compare the prices, a tablet with a decent storage, screen, and keyboard is also nearly as expensive as an ultrabook. After all these years, I still haven't seen any real use case except "couch surfing" for most tablets. And I refuse to spend 300+ euros on couch surfing. Wen das außer mir interessiert? Niemanden. Aber wtf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effiziensteigerungen galore

Beauty is not always in the eye of the beholder

Gandalf the Pedophile