Wanganui

Yesterday I went on a trip up the Whanganui River Road which was really interesting. Should you ever be in Wanganui I recommend staying at Tamara Backpackers (24 Somme Pd), Roy also runs Whanganui River Road Tours. The hostel itself is a nice place, quiet, friendly, clean (though they could do with more wash basins outside toilets). No towels though. In the city I can recommend the Cracked Pepper cafe (down on Victoria Ave), the Kebapholic Turkish take-away (Vic Ave), and Thai Villa (Thai food) on Vic Ave as well. That pretty much sums up Wanganui city: It's Victoria Avenue, plus perhaps Virginia Lake (nice little walk). But a good place for a short stopover.

Having seen a small part of the river now I definitely have to do either the five- or three-day canoe trip next time. And I shall just do the bloody crossing day after day after day until I finally get some good weather. That's German determinism. Now it's off to Plimmerton Beach near Wellington (and Kapiti Island on Monday, horray!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effiziensteigerungen galore

Beauty is not always in the eye of the beholder

Gandalf the Pedophile